Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hour of Power, Good Will, Patches' Dilemma, and the Lawrence Arms

Next season on November 6th, we are going to take part in the 3rd Annual Ted Mullin Hour of Power Relay. Take a look at the information and note that we will do this as a fundraiser for Sarcoma Cancer Research. This reminds me that we also were going to take part in the Realy For Life- which I put Leah, Marianne, and the PP4 in charge of (Let me know what is going on with that). I know, you have been barraged with things that involve money recently. We will do what we can. I certainly do not want to force the philanthropy on you, I understand without thought, creativity and effort we are limited to going to the same well repeatedly for finances. Thankfully, you are a bright, talented, and creative group of kids who will come up with some good ideas.
That brings me to our friend Patches, who has so much time to be on the computer complaining about finances, that he could have another job or two! Just kidding Pat, but seriously...get another job.
I leave you with this line from the Lawrence Arms which is resonating with me, if you don't get it now, someday you probably will.
There's a park in this city where I used to go,
but now it's covered with fences and cops and lightposts.
And I'd never go back if anything was the same,
but it kills me to know that it's changed.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coach,
Besides from quoting terrible songs

I think you should know I already work 40 hours a week at the Niagara County Jail, at 10 bucks an hour. But I mean, since my freshmen year, the Florida trip has gone up 300 dollars. I can't work 40+ hours a week, stay in shape for swimming, and come into the season ready to swim and not burned out. I mean, I'm also the only kid who works during the swim season on a daily basis. My 'rents don't pay for jack. Let's cut the broke kid some slack??

Anonymous said...

I mean

Coach


I'll cut down trees in your yard for money.

You got any?

Michael Holman said...

I guess working at the jail is better than being housed in the jail. The Larence Arms are awesome. Doyle already cut down all my trees that I was allowed to cut down and some more.

Anonymous said...

what is this Lawrence arms thing? is it weird that i've never heard of it?

Anonymous said...

Coach we def got to do this, distance will kick ass on this set.

Anonymous said...

could this ANON person speaking of distance perhaps be.... CRAIG?

Anonymous said...

Leah would you expect anything less :)

Anonymous said...

thats what i thought... miss you craig!

Anonymous said...

I hear Syracuse is looking to hire a really bad rapper who writes his own really bad beats. Preferably one that goes by a one letter name. Like A...B..or Q.

You should apply Hoolihan. =)