Tuesday, July 29, 2008

First (official) day of practice and words of wisdom from Mike Ness

So...the big day is...September 22nd! Some friendly advice- be prepared!!! A few more reminders; Physicals will be September 15th (last names A-L) and September 16th (M-Z), and we are tentatively planning our first team meeting for September 3rd at 830 pm (site TBD).

I have got two fun weekends coming up (yeah for me!): This weekend I will be (hopefully) seeing the Old 97's at Webster Hall in the city, and next weekend I will be in Providence and get to see Lucero. I am pretty psyched, two of my favorite bands, in a few years I will probably be too old for that stuff.

For those of you who are not prepared, our friends from (another great band) Social Distortion would like to leave you with these words:
"So I'm pulling out the weeds, i'm taking stock
you can talk the talk, but cant walk the walk
Your narcissistic ways have gotten the best of you.
So I'm leaving you to sink, in all your glory
For you and me it's the end of the story.
Get out of my way, I've got better things to do...
I'm leaving you far behind.
I'm leaving you far behind.
Stop wasting all of my time.
I'm leaving you far behind."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! that's deep coachlcwfkmad

Blair said...

hmm..interesting. Best of luck Lakers.

Go easy on 'em coach! ;-)