Monday, July 7, 2008

Trials and Tribulations

I hope you all had time from your busy lives to watch some Olympic Trials. I guess impressive may be an understatement. I could obviously go on and on about it, but I will just touch on a few things. Everyone has great technique and everyone has a great kick...hint hint. I was happy to see Matt Grevers make it in the 100 back (I used to see him swim as a high school kid in Illinois) and I was equally disappointed for Randall Bal not making it (I just like him as a swimmer). What can you say about Dara Torres, kind of ridiculous. Hopefully the Trials and upcoming Olympics will give you inspiration and motivation going into the 2008-2009 season.
I am currently at Hamilton College working swim camp (2 weeks to go)! The past 8 years I have had to run early morning masters swimming, early morning club practice, early morning swim camp practice, be aquatics director, run night club practice, prepare and run our two big club summer meets, and work swim camp all at the same time. This year it is just swim camp, and I can not even explain how nice that is.
Not to beat a dead horse, but I hope everyone is working hard to help us be a great team in the future. It is easy to get caught up in life, make time to work out and swimming would be great! We have to be blue collar, we have to develop and earn our talents and success. It will never be handed to us. Do your part!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with this recent post but that picture of Kevin on the homepage diving in the banner kills me. I can't even live. His face is hysterical. Sorry Kev.