Friday, July 5, 2013

Laurie Jackson



Name: Laurie Jackson
Hometown: Saratoga Springs
High School: Saratoga Springs High School
Year in School: Senior
Major/Minor: Creative Writing Major/ Art Minor
Favorite Event: 500 free, 200 fly

How would you describe yourself in three words?
Dedicated, Diligent, and Compassionate

What is something that not a lot of people know about you but you WISH more people COULD know?
I smile through adversity.

If you could meet someone living or dead, who would it be and why?
I’d love to meet Laurie Rosenwald and it’s not because her first name is Laurie; that is just a coincidence. She is someone I learned about in Digital Illustration. She is an illustrator, author, artist and designer who lives in NYC. I’m inspired to become an author and illustrator, and I’d love to meet someone who has become successful in being one.

If you could speak to one type of animal, what would it be?
Dogs…man’s best friend who is always so loyal, with no judgment.

What would be impossible for you to give up?
 My family…they are one of a kind

What was the most interesting trip you have ever taken? Why?
Cancun because we had a blast, riding dolphins and petting stingrays, while it was the same place we all got food poisoning.

And of course, how many five-year-olds could you take in a fight?
None…their fantasy way of living is stronger than mine. I don’t think I can build a dragon-protected castle like they can.

No comments: